Carnegie Technologies of Austin, TX is looking to hire a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for both individual contribution and small team leadership in analysis, definition, and development of products and technologies in the ideation and incubation phases of our product life cycle. The focus of this position is network systems such as WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa and additional derivative technologies. These wireless systems and sensors will be connected to public or private cloud analytic and data warehousing systems that in turn provide data, notifications, and alarms to end user computers or smart phone-based applications.
The Senior Embedded Software is expected to:
- Analyze technology and possible system/product requirements in incubation development phase. Make technical recommendations of the viability of solutions and possible alternatives in the form of presentations and short reports.
- Work with engineers inside Carnegie Technologies and/or from our base of technology contractors to refine concepts and incubate critical product prototypes for selected technologies.
- Manage teams on multiple projects as they progress through the innovation pipeline process.
- Participate in product definition and detailed product requirements as part of transition to full scale development.
- Develop test and validation plans in conjunction with our hardware development teams.
- Support field trials of selected technology prototypes to validate system assumptions.
- Multitask between one to two large larger efforts and a series of short duration analysis tasks.
- Provide design documents, presentations, and develop plans and schedule with product management and technical program management leads.
Required Skills/Aptitudes (Priority Order)
- 3+ years of C based embedded/firmware development.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Understanding of product development process from specification to production.
- Experience with engineering team management.
- Written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills/Aptitudes/Experience (Priority Order, must have some)
- C++/OOD and Assembly (ASM)
- Home projects, study, and interest in the embedded engineering domain
- Python, Golang
- STM32 / ARM Cortex Development
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and derivative 802.11 technologies (ZigBee, etc.)
- Network protocols and exposure to cloud computing
- RF subscriber, home gateway, and access point products.
- Ability to read a schematic and use laboratory tools
- Requirements review, writing specifications and designs
- Varied software development life cycle and process experience
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience; Masters desired
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Located in the greater Austin, TX area
At Carnegie Technologies, we bring together the best and the brightest to challenge the status quo and develop real, revenue-generating communications products that take advantage of the fundamental shifts in the communications technology ecosystem. Founded in 2010 following a successful 20-year history operating wireless networks and developing adjunct communications products, Carnegie Technologies is a communications company with industry experience and engineering teams on four continents We have deep expertise in app development and software for mobile devices, cellular core network operations, and more, that we now leverage to drive the development of the next generation of communications technology
Carnegie is a rapidly growing company driven to make new and exciting technology. We offer competitive pay, great benefits and a place to grow along with our quality products. We operate in a fast-pace but casual and collaborative work environment