Carnegie Technologies was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Our founder, with over two decades of experience operating wireless networks and developing communications technologies, sought to create a company that would bring together the best talent in the industry to deliver a new generation of connectivity products and solutions.
The Carnegie team has unparalleled industry experience and teams on four continents. We enable people and business to do more. Our ideas and Intellectual Property are the foundation for our portfolio of companies – each one committed to helping our customers communicate with greater reach, ease and trust. With solutions that span Satellite Communications, IoT, FinTech, SaaS and Mobile Engagement, we empower businesses to increase efficiencies, develop new revenue streams and stay ahead of the competition in an increasingly digital world. We value constructive minds who want to turn passion-projects into real-world answers.
Description The Human Resources Intern supports key People Operations functions by supporting activities and/or programs in Payroll, Benefits Administration and Recruiting. You will gain hands-on, real-world experience working side-by-side with the Head of People Operations, our Recruiting Manager and our Human Resources Generalist and our Recruiting Manager on diverse and interesting projects! If you’re excited about the care and keeping of people, we’d love to chat with you!
- Work closely with members of a cross-functional team.
- Learn and utilize our Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Learn and utilize our Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Support People Operations team members through the lifecycle of recruiting and on-boarding our new best-in-class employees!
- Assist with the inventory of our HRIS data
- Research and help with the feasibility of a document repository
- Support ad hoc projects as assigned
- It’s your 3rd or 4th year of pursuit of HR / Business / Marketing / Communications or Psychology.
- If you’ve been an intern before, that’s definitely a bonus!
- Experience in an office setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – must be motivated by working with others and anticipating needs
- Fast learner, work well independently, detail-oriented and able to multi-task, meet deadlines and be accountable for your work
- Enthusiastic to be a part of a small team in a fast-paced environment and able to work well under pressure
- Reliable and dependable work ethic
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Solid creative problem-solving skills
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, professional
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organization skills with demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.