CARMERA’s mission is to deliver safe autonomy and mobility for all. We recently joined Woven Planet, the advanced mobility subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, and look forward to the growth this will fuel. To deliver on our mission, we need to attract and develop a world-class team of innovators and builders.
As the People Operations Specialist, you’ll join a tight knit FinOps (Finance + People Operations) team. Together we seek to clear the way for Carmerians to do their best work. The role will be based in Seattle, WA but you will influence the employee experience company-wide. You will play critical roles in supporting Talent Acquisition, bringing new hires up to speed and ensuring existing team members are thriving.
To be successful, you will need to be a self-starter who is responsive and highly communicative. Much of your success will also hinge on your comfort taking early-stage projects or objectives, gathering necessary input from stakeholders and crafting a solution or recommendation. You are solutions oriented.
- Lead office operations for the Seattle office.
- Own the employee onboarding process, creating a smooth, enjoyable new hire experience.
- Respond to and resolve employee questions and concerns with a strong customer service mindset.
- Identify and implement new ways to optimize learning, development, knowledge management and engagement for our team.
- Coordinate schedules, plan and execute on events with local and international stakeholders across time zones.
- Support Talent Acquisition efforts.
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following:
- You are an Explorer; always learning, adapting and directly engaging with evolving challenges using your grace, positivity and a collaborative attitude.
- 2+ years of experience in HR, People Operations, Office Operations or Learning & Development etc.
- You understand the many details that support a successful event and are comfortable planning and managing them.
- You readily absorb processes and have an eye for distilling, documenting and bringing others up to speed through thoughtful voice and written communications.
- You are sensitive to and aware of cross cultural etiquette and nuanced communication norms necessary for an international workplace.
- You are resourceful and willing to engage any individual or resource in support of meeting your objectives while exhibiting a high degree of adaptability.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have experience in Training, Learning and/or Development.
- You have experience coordinating calendars or schedules, esp across multiple time zones.
- Experience or familiarity with basic IT, A/V, troubleshooting and adept at learning new systems/tools
- You have experience updating/editing guiding internal documents or an intranet
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans and more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms and time-off
- Flex Perks (flexible funds for professional development, wellness, productivity or personal climate impact)
- Generous paid, parental leave (16 weeks for Primary Caregivers | 8 weeks for Secondary Caregivers)
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds and embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to applicants currently residing in Seattle, WA*
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.