CARMERA’s mission is to power the world’s leading road intelligence platforms to deliver autonomy and mobility for all. To deliver on our mission, we need to capture street-level changes on a massive scale and utilize vehicular crowdsourcing and remote sensing in that effort.
In support of this, our Platform Engineering team is growing by adding another IoT Engineer. Ideally, you’ll have experience working with cloud technologies, writing and deploying code to hardware that isn’t in the cloud through multiple release cycles. It would also be ideal if you’re experienced developing integration tests, and writing diagnostic software. To be successful you will be required to quickly comprehend the interconnected systems end-to-end. You can build iteratively, even before the perfect, well-defined solution reveals itself. You’re energized by novel problems that require innovative solutions in a collaborative environment.
Your expertise will initially be applied in building a robust diagnostics framework and end-to-end automation of test plans. The impact of your work will have a visible and measurable impact across our platform. Beyond this project, there will be ample opportunities to work on future device feature requests and to support Machine Learning on the edge.
- Design and implement diagnostic systems for field deployed Android Sensors.
- Operationalize an automated testing pipeline.
- Develop and design features for our field deployed Android Sensors.
- Work within an Android based (Java or Kotlin) Platform (sorry, not C or C++).
- Work with vehicular-generated, real-time sensor data.
- Further enable Machine Learning on the edge.
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You are experienced with Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- You can confidently contribute stand-alone, high quality code (Java and/or Kotlin).
- You have worked with RESTful APIs or other messaging architectures and protocols.
- You have demonstrated professional experience writing comprehensive testing frameworks.
- You are an Explorer, always learning, adapting and taking challenges head on with a positive and collaborative attitude.
- You have high adaptability and flexibility -- you can work cross-functionally, and manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- You have been successful in driving design and implementation of backend data processing systems for an evolving product.
- You feel energized by a fast-paced startup environment where project priorities can change frequently, requirements can be fuzzy and iteration is a must.
Strong preference (not required) if:
- You have strong experience with mobile platforms.
- You have geospatial or mapping experience.
- You are well-versed with Android Studio IDE and the Android Platform.
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds and embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans and more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms and time-off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is open to applicants currently residing in the continental U.S.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.