CARMERA’s mission is to build and maintain the world’s leading road intelligence platform to deliver safe autonomy for all. In pursuit of our mission, we’re looking for exceptional engineering talent to add to our Autonomous Maping team that is focused on building next generation maps for autonomous vehicles.
In this role, you will have ownership of the architecture and build-out of our interfaces with internal and external customers. We are looking for someone who enjoys building iterativley, even before the perfect, well-defined solution reveals itself. You are energized when you encounter novel problems that require innovative solutions. You move fast and you have strong opinions that are moderately held.
- Participate in the development of scalable systems for managing, processing and delivering geospatial data
- Evaluate, develop, analyze, and improve geospatial data (imagery, vector, and 3D point cloud) for use in CARMERA's products
- Suggest potential new avenues of insight and commercial applications
- Work with other team members to explore different design approaches, transform geospatial data using standard and innovative spatial techniques, prototype and evaluate new data and technology, and determine technical feasibility for new functionality
- Evaluate, deploy, and optimize existing, and new web applications and APIs for viewing and interacting with geospatial data (imagery, vector, and 3D point cloud)
- Substantive contributions in the design and development of next generation mapping concepts including: 3D representations of road features, lane-level routing graphs, landmark based localization, and more
- Develop scalable pipelines for managing and distributing geospatial data
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have the ability to take an abstract problem, recognize a customer need and turn it into engineering work with a clear ROI.
- You have been successful in driving design and implementation of backend data processing systems for an evolving product.
- You feel energized by a fast-paced startup environment where project priorities change frequently
- You have a proven track record of delivering distributed systems
- You can confidently contribute stand-alone, high quality code and have a history of regularly contribution to a production product. Though we work mostly in Python, languages can be learned and we care much more about your general engineering skills than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You have high adaptability and flexibility -- you can work cross-functionally, and manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
Strong preference (not required) for:
- You have strong coding skills in Python
- You have worked on databases (esp spatial database extensions (e.g. PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, or SQL Server spatial functions)
- You have worked on API’s and broader system design
- You have a geospatial background or experience
- You have experience with big data and NoSQL data stores
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans and more
- Flexible working norms and time-off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
If you are interested in being considered, please take a second to share more about yourself.
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to guarantee an interview.
*This position is ideally based in Seattle, but are open to considering flexible working arrangements.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.