At CARMERA we believe that smarter mobility will be critical to the future of civilization. Our mission is to automate and improve mobility for all, by maintaining the world’s most robust street intelligence platform built on top of high definition maps for autonomous vehicles.
CARMERA is seeking a highly experienced Quality Engineer to grow, drive and own quality processes for software and data products across our growing business.
As the first customer, you will work amongst our engineering teams and technologies to define and implement trustworthy quality signals that enable delivery of CARMERA products with full confidence. You will drive risk management, define release criteria, manage and strategize priorities while continually elevating our quality bar. You will contribute to the overall architecture of our internal and customer-facing systems through dependency analysis, ensuring testability, providing thoughtful feedback and acting definitively.
Your work will be a diverse landscape ranging from application validation, feature integration, assuring E2E customer experience and stabilizing our overall ecosystems to yield trustworthy signal that enables operational confidence in a safety-critical emerging technology. And, as a senior contributor, you will set a professional working example for peers to follow and aspire to.
Candidates will have demonstrable experience with software and data testing, mobile technology, test automation, the software development lifecycle and a solid track record of delivering product to customers.
- Evaluating, strategizing and prioritizing test coverage
- Test plan generation and execution
- Functional, integration, E2E, regression and perf testing
- Release criteria design and evaluation of customer-readiness
- Identify, design and implement test automation opportunities
- Impart quality culture amongst peers
- Experience with mobile devices and AWS ecosystem
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 6+yrs professional experience delivering software and data products
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience testing within multi-tier architectures
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language, we are a Python shop
- Experience with relational database and NoSQL data technology
- Undergrad degree in CS, GIS or Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- Exposure to mapping, spatial data and associated tools preferred but not required
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Expansive benefits package including premium healthcare plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans, independent learning budgets and more
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Access to high-value external resources such as the Google Ventures portfolio team, NYU Future Labs staff and other investor/institutional virtual and IRL communities
- Access to state of the art technology
- Flexible working norms and time-off
More about us
CARMERA won Best in Show and Startup of the Year at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, works with customers ranging from large automakers like Toyota at global scale, to new autonomous taxi companies like Voyage in underserved communities, and in 2019 was ranked the #1 HD mapping company by Frost & Sullivan.
We are backed by investors such as Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, Resolute Ventures, Notation Capital, Joe Montana, Bre Pettis and Semil Shah, and affiliated with institutions such as NYU, New Lab, Urbantech NYC, Princeton, University of Michigan, Michigan State and University of Washington. We are based in New York, Seattle and San Francisco, with frequent presence in Michigan, North Asia and Western Europe.
We are a fast-moving, friendly team of doers and builders passionate about solving hard problems. We enjoy working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.