We are a fast-moving, friendly team of doers and builders passionate about solving hard problems. We enjoy working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
CARMERA is looking for a Director of Map Operations to provide leadership and expertise in content development, map data validation, and field operations for a growing organization. This role is part of the Product organization at CARMERA reporting directly to the CPO and working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to deliver high-quality, regenerative HD Maps for our customers.
- Lead and grow the Map Operations org consisting of:
- GIS professionals (technicians, analysts, developers, and managers) located mainly in Seattle
- Field operations specialists and managers responsible for our fleets of sensors located worldwide
- Own the delivery and maintenance of HD Map data, including raw data collection, ingestion, validation, processing, and delivery for multiple international projects simultaneously
- Track and present status, successes, and blockers to executives
- Improve operational efficiency especially for portions of the org which must operate 24/7
- Work with the executive team to balance priorities and provide strategic direction for the Map Operations org while working with managers to help translate that direction into tactics and priorities for the org
- Ensure the team is “right-sized” for ongoing and upcoming customer work
- 7+ years of experience leading teams on worldwide map data content development (as outlined above)
- Self-starter used to working in “green-field” environments, building process and delivering to customers at the same time
- Able to switch between strategic and tactical thinking seamlessly
- Demonstrated expertise in developing people and advancing their careers
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience working directly with product, engineering, and business teams
- Startup experience
- Experience working with 3D data
- Proven track record of helping organizations deliver on time
- Proficiency with modern productivity tools like G Suite, Slack and Jira
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Expansive benefits package including premium healthcare plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans, independent learning budgets and more
- Access to high-value external resources such as the Google Ventures portfolio team, NYU Future Labs staff and other investor/institutional virtual and IRL communities
- Access to state of the art technology
- Flexible working norms and time-off
*This position is based in Seattle, and requires some travel.*
We are based in Brooklyn, NY and Seattle, WA. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.