At CARMERA we believe that smarter mobility will be critical to the future of civilization. Our mission is to automate and improve mobility for all, by maintaining the world’s most robust street intelligence platform built on top of high definition maps for autonomous vehicles.
CARMERA won Best in Show and Startup of the Year at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, works with customers ranging from large automakers like Toyota at global scale, to new autonomous taxi companies like Voyage in underserved communities, and in 2019 was ranked the #1 HD mapping company by Frost & Sullivan.
We are backed by investors such as Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, Resolute Ventures, Notation Capital, Joe Montana, Bre Pettis and Semil Shah, and affiliated with institutions such as NYU, New Lab, Urbantech NYC, Princeton, University of Michigan, Michigan State and University of Washington. We are based in New York, Seattle and San Francisco, with frequent presence in Michigan, North Asia and Western Europe.
We are a fast-moving, friendly team of doers and builders passionate about solving hard problems. We enjoy working with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
CARMERA is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to grow, drive, execute quality processes for software and data products across our growing business.
As the first customer, you will work amongst our engineering teams and technologies to define and implement trustworthy quality signals that enable delivery of CARMERA products with full confidence. You will influence risk management, adherence to release criteria, managing and strategizing priorities and continually drive our quality bar higher. You will contribute to the overall architecture of our internal and customer-facing systems through dependency analysis, ensuring testability, providing feedback and definitive action.
Your work will be a diverse landscape ranging from application validation, integration and stabilizing components, analyzing large blocks of spatial and attribute data to yield trustworthy signal to allow us to deliver to our customers with confidence. You will set a professional working example for peers to follow.
Candidates will have demonstrable experience with software and data testing, test automation, the software development lifecycle, GIS/spatial technologies and a solid track record of product delivery.
- Test plan generation and execution
- Functional, integration and E2E testing
- Release criteria evaluation
- Data quality assessment
- Identify, design and implement test automation opportunities
- Impart quality culture amongst peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Undergrad degree in CS, GIS or Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 4+yrs professional experience delivering software and data products
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language
- Experience with mapping, spatial data and associated tools
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Expansive benefits package including premium healthcare plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans, independent learning budgets and more
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Access to high-value external resources such as the Google Ventures portfolio team, NYU Future Labs staff and other investor/institutional virtual and IRL communities
- Access to state of the art technology
- Flexible working norms and time-off