CARMERA is looking for an energetic Field Operations Associate to support our growing roster of fleet partners and maintain our sensor equipment. This hands-on role provides crucial maintenance support on CARMERA sensors deployed on fleet vehicles. This position reports to the Field Operations Manager based in San Francisco.
- Install sensor equipment onto partner fleet vehicles
- Install CARMERA custom software on sensors
- Perform routine maintenance on sensors, including cleaning and repairing physical components as well as basic Android-based software tasks
- Coordinate directly with fleet partners for maintenance scheduling and technical support
- Monitor an online dashboard of sensor health to proactively identify maintenance tasks and troubleshoot issues
- Manage inventory of sensor equipment
- Maintain detailed maintenance and partner feedback documentation
- Night and weekend availability as some fleet partners require access outside of normal business hours
- 2+ years of experience in a related field (field technician, maintenance professional, etc.)
- Extremely dependable, organized, and communicative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electrical and/or automotive service experience preferred
- Experience with Android utilities preferred but not required
- Customer service mindset. Part of this role requires keeping our fleet partners happy and engaged with our products.
- Clean driving record
- Ability and willingness to work on a ladder
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time through the West Coast of the United States
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans and more
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Access to state of the art technology
- Flexible working norms and time-off
New York University, University of Washington, University of Michigan, Michigan State University
STARTUP-NY / New York State Empire State Development, NYC DOT, NYCEDC, Urbantech NYC
New Lab, City of Detroit PlanetM Landing Zone
Brooklyn Navy Yard
We are based in Brooklyn, NY and Seattle, WA. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.