CARMERA is hiring a software engineer to focus on Python application development.
Are you a passionate self-starter with an interest in new technologies and the ability to complete tasks quickly with minimal supervision?
Do you want to have a meaningful impact on autonomous vehicles?
- You will design and build backend systems to support advanced map data pipeline
- You will build scalable APIs for customers to consume mapping and event data
- You will explore new ideas in a supportive environment and have a voice in an emerging industry
- You will collaborate with other team members to explore different design approaches, prototype and evaluate new technology and evaluate technical feasibility for new functionality
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Professional experience releasing software in an Agile environment
- Good knowledge of Python and relational databases
- Good English communication skills
- Must be located in NYC or Seattle
- Experience with geospatial data
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services APIs
- Experience with processing queues, especially Celery
- Consistent record of delivering distributed systems
- Work on transformational civic challenges cutting across some of the most important innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of a highly seasoned, friendly team who embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free office lunch, free cell phone plans and more
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Flexible working norms and time-off
We are based in Brooklyn, NY and Seattle, WA. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Unfortunately at this time we do not sponsor Visas.**