At Caribou, we care about giving people financial freedom so they can focus on what’s most important to them. Today, less than two percent of Americans refinance their auto loans despite drastic increases in the cost of new and used cars. We see huge potential to help folks reduce their monthly auto expenses, as well as increase the predictability of those expenses over time. We do this by building technology to pair customers with community banks and credit unions, and ushering them through the process quickly. On average, our drivers save $130/month on their car loans while protecting their investment long term.
Caribou is led by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to lay the foundation for our high growth business. You will do this by connecting our long term strategic plan with reality. You will collaborate across the company to develop the operating and financial plan to achieve our strategic goals. As a key member of the FP&A team, you will be in frequent contact with all areas of the business including operations, sales, marketing, and accounting to influence decision making with your financial expertise, analysis, and insights. The Manager of FP&A will:
- Serve as a Finance liaison to business partners, responsible for review of annual financial plans, monthly actuals, and updating rolling forecasts
- Collaborate with business partners to prepare and review multi-year business plan projections
- Own components of our annual financial plan, budget, and rolling forecasts
- Use financial data and analysis to advise executives and business partners on operational and strategic decisions
- Conduct variance analysis to explain how our financial plan and rolling forecasts compare against our actual performance, and recommend actions to mitigate risks and take advantage of opportunities
- Support the development of new KPIs and management reports
- Leverage data from different sources to tell a succinct story
- Prepare financial presentations for senior executives and our Board
- Provide financial analysis and support for corporate development projects (e.g., M&A, strategic partnerships)
This role can be based out of our Caribou office in Denver, CO. Alternatively, the Manager, FP&A may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business.
You have expertise in finance and want to make a big impact at a startup. In addition, you have:
- 5 -7 years of prior FP&A, investment banking, or management consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting and business operations
- Expert financial modeling and financial analysis skills, including knowing how to leverage Excel (advanced-level preferred) and Google Sheets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, and deliver on deadlines with an attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Effective written and oral communication skills as this role requires influencing department heads and senior executives
- Ability to drive projects by providing thought leadership and working closely with subject matter experts across the company
- Ability to apply integrative thinking skills to current challenges & opportunities facing Caribou as well as the broader Fintech and technology industries
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business
- Industry knowledge of financial services, and auto lending specifically
- Prior experience working at a Fintech or technology startup
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $120-135k
- Equity options
- 401k savings program
- Generous paid time off including: Flexible Time Off (FTO) for all employees and 100% paid parental leave for all parents.
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance.
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses.
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work and how we work together.
- Give a damn. What we’re doing matters. We show up determined to deliver results, and we love it.
- Velocity. We’re intentional about where we’re going and we race towards it.
- Make the assist. We have diverse strengths. We offer and ask for help so we all win.
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
*Caribou does not currently have employee operations in AL, AK, AR, CT, HI, ID, IN, IA, KY, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK, RI, SD, WV, WY.