At Caribou, we care about giving people financial freedom so they can focus on what’s most important to them. Today, less than two percent of Americans refinance their auto loans despite drastic increases in the cost of new and used cars. We see huge potential to help folks reduce their monthly auto expenses, as well as increase the predictability of those expenses over time. We do this by building technology to pair customers with community banks and credit unions, and ushering them through the process quickly. On average, our drivers save $130/month on their car loans while protecting their investment long term.
Caribou is led by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
As the Sr. Manager of Customer Lifecycle Marketing at Caribou, you will develop end-to-end strategies for marketing initiatives focused on conversion, retention, and referral with the goal of delivering incremental customers to Caribou. You will help create human-centered journeys that bring value to the customer and lead the way in building a best-in-class Lifecycle Marketing program. These efforts will directly impact both marketing-specific and company-wide goals as our organization and products continue to grow.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Work with the Product team to map out and evolve the customer journey through email and SMS and use your expertise to help shape the overall customer experience.
- Develop KPIs and regular reporting that clearly show the impact of the lifecycle program on overall business goals and the incremental business the program delivers.
- Lead the charge to develop an experimentation-driven optimization methodology, using the results of A/B and multivariate testing to iterate rapidly on new and existing campaigns.
- Enhance our online reputation by developing a process to deliver strong customer reviews and editorial content.
- Work with our Sales & Product team to translate organizational needs into customer-friendly language that is consistent throughout the user experience.
- You have 8-10 years relevant marketing experience (retention, engagement, transactional messaging, growing lifetime value) with multiple years of experience in people management and leading high performance teams
- You are analytical and data driven with demonstrated ability to develop reporting that clearly shows the impact of Lifecycle marketing.
- You are dedicated to building top quality user experiences; you aspire to have a strong understanding of the user’s needs and motivations as they interact with Caribou across multiple channels
- You have experience working with event-based systems and engineering teams to implement the events needed to drive the most effective lifecycle campaigns and ensure a seamless user experience across interactions across product and other owned channels.
- You are comfortable in a variety of CRM platforms, implementing automated processes or performing manual updates when absolutely necessary
- You have a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize work across competing initiatives
- You enjoy mentoring and developing others’ skill sets to drive the advancement and growth of the team
- Bonus: Experience with Braze, Segment, and/or call center technologies. Has a strong D2C background but also has B2B experience.
How We will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $115-145k
- Equity options
- 401k savings program
- Generous paid time off including: Flexible Time Off (FTO) for all employees and 100% paid parental leave for all parents
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plan for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance.
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses.
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work and how we work together.
- Give a damn. What we’re doing matters. We show up determined to deliver results, and we love it.
- Velocity. We’re intentional about where we’re going and we race towards it.
- Make the assist. We have diverse strengths. We offer and ask for help so we all win.
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
*Caribou does not currently have employee operations in AL, AK, AR, CT, HI, ID, IN, IA, KY, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK, RI, SD, WV, WY.