At Caribou, we care about giving people financial freedom so they can focus on what’s most important to them. Today, less than two percent of Americans refinance their auto loans despite drastic increases in the cost of new and used cars. We see huge potential to help folks reduce their monthly auto expenses, as well as increase the predictability of those expenses over time. We do this by building technology to pair customers with community banks and credit unions, and ushering them through the process quickly. On average, our drivers save $130/month on their car loans while protecting their investment long term.
Caribou is led by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Director of Prescreened Marketing to lead our Growth efforts in addressable channels - specifically Direct Mail. You will set and execute on a vision for delivering on our aggressive Growth targets and work closely with Data Science, Business Intelligence, and our Machine Learning experts. This Role will report directly to the VP Growth Marketing.
Direct Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Lead, manage, and innovate on our Direct Mail program focusing on the name selection process, applying credit criteria and response and conversion models to the universe to find the ideal target audiences
- Accountable for executing activities against those target audiences in Direct Mail, as well as other appropriate channels:
- Accountable for direct acquisition metrics (response, conversion, CAC)
- Shape the profitability and key performance metrics of the acquired accounts
- Design and manage sophisticated machine learning models to predict optimal performance
- Design and develop tools and processes to read results and incorporate learnings back into the business. Automate as much as possible
- Develop ongoing campaign strategies and test designs. Oversee the communication and approval of campaigns
- Develop and manage a learning agenda, tied to our corporate goals, that expands our knowledge of tactics, product features, acquisition economics, response dynamics, conversion considerations, machine learning, and creative strategies
- Accountable for creative development, champion/challenger treatments, and ongoing management of control assets.
- Accountable for marketing orchestration and campaign execution via our internal resources and third-party execution partners, including data providers, credit bureaus, and lettershops.
- Be a coach/mentor and foster an environment that allows your teams to do their best work.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate effectively throughout the business and become a strong partner to the Product and Engineering teams.
- Help make pragmatic decisions while balancing strategic and tactical needs / requirements from all parts of the business.
- Clearly communicate progress, challenges, and results to senior leaders, key stakeholders, and relevant teams.
This role may work remotely from a state where Caribou operates*. Alternatively, this role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC and Denver, CO.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 10+ years of direct marketing experience in financial services, with a strong competency on prescreen direct mail
- Strong background in working with credit bureau data along with other data sources to develop response and conversion models
- Demonstrated success in Growth results from addressable media
- Experience in a test-and-learn environment, and comfort in reading signals form data and following where it leads
- Track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to convey complex technical concepts to various stakeholders across all functions.
How We will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $144-180k
- Equity options
- 401k savings program
- Generous paid time off including: Flexible Time Off (FTO) for all employees and 100% paid parental leave for all parents
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plan for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance.
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses.
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work and how we work together.
- Give a damn. What we’re doing matters. We show up determined to deliver results, and we love it.
- Velocity. We’re intentional about where we’re going and we race towards it.
- Make the assist. We have diverse strengths. We offer and ask for help so we all win.
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
*Caribou does not currently have employee operations in AL, AK, AR, CT, HI, ID, IN, IA, KY, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK, RI, SD, WV, WY.