Caribou is a hyper-growth company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We have grown 20x in the past three years and raised a $115M Series C. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
We are seeking a Sales Support Specialist to be an integral part of the Sales Team. This multifaceted position helps drive greater end to end efficiency across the contact center and focuses daily strategically on the biggest area of impact to drive more funded loans. This role will have a wide variety of responsibilities that require operational aptitude and excellent critical thinking skills. The best candidate will work well independently and with a team, is proactive, motivated and a highly organized contributor with a devotion to problem solving. A strong work ethic, great attitude, and commitment to diving into our fast-paced environment is a must. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this person will support operational needs and ability to scale effectively.
In this role, you will…
- Utilizing Caribou’s dialer telephony system agents will apply the Sales Framework to ask discovery questions, understand needs, and identify opportunities for additional products, such as GAP, VSC, etc. They will engage with customers in various stages of the sales cycle to collect critical vehicle and loan information such as VIN, vehicle trim, vehicle color, mileage, and vehicle options.
- After collecting necessary information, the agent will get consent for hard credit pull from clients, and submit the loan application to the appropriate bank.
- Agent will explain the next steps to the client and set expectations by gathering necessary STIPs for loan approval to include proof of income, driver’s license, registration, and retail installment contract.
- Handle mainline inbound calls; during these client interactions agents will determine the reason for the call; uncover the client status and determine next steps needed to resolve client needs.
- Overseeing the Per Loan Officer (LO) request, own non-attachment deals to completion, including doc walk, stip collection, submit to Quality Assurance (QA) and delay handling
- Monitor daily declines
- Review and resubmit declined applications to new lenders
- Notate resubmission in file
- Call on aging approvals
- Monitor aging approvals and reach out if they’ve gone beyond 3 business days
- Monitor pipeline and move deals forward as needed
- Monitor needs stip review pipeline in Maestro
- Locate and notify on uploaded stips for aging deals
- Help with higher level tasks, capable of completing ad hoc manager tasks and additional ad hoc loan officer tasks as needed.
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC and Denver, CO. Alternatively, this role may work remotely from a state where Caribou operates*.
- 1+ years prior auto-refi experience required
- Computer literacy and ability to adapt with multiple software programs
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred
How We will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation starting at $20.00/hr
- Additional incentive compensation included
- Equity options
- 401k savings program
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day.
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance.
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
*Caribou does not currently have employee operations in AL, CT, HI, ID, IA, KY, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, RI, SD, WV, WY.