Caribou is a hyper-growth company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We have grown 20x in the past three years and raised a $115M Series C. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is seeking a Senior Product Manager who can assist us in building an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire loan application and origination process for our auto refinance product, from acquisition to funding. Your job will be to partner with design, data science and engineering to craft a user journey that seeks to automate the prefill and verify as much of the loan application as possible in order to reduce points of friction, optimize end to end time cycle and improve conversion of qualified leads.
As a member of the product team, this role will lead the charge between product development, data science, and operations, helping us challenge the universe of what is possible and ship it to production. In this role, you will:
- Set strategic priority through the development of your vision and management of the roadmaps for the loan origination customer experience
- Partner with Design to develop a best in class customer journey that reflects the prefill of information and automation that the technology platform supports.
- Pair with an Engineering Manager to prioritize and deliver the capabilities needed to deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Lead a group of engineers to increase the sophistication and fidelity of prefilling our loan application, verifying the information and use of alternative data to scale the process and drive the experience.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in our analytics, lending, and operations team to understand the customer, manage their pain points, and develop creative solutions to address them.
We want to hear from you if you love thinking about how data and seamless customer experiences can transform industries.You have:
- 7+ years of experience in product management or other relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in the development of digital consumer lending products
- 5+ years of experience in the development of consumer facing products and partnering with Design & Design Research
- The ability to organize a hypothesis around metrics and testing / iterating using A/B testing to prove it or enhance the experience.
- The ability to independently develop product strategy, roadmaps and manage of the end to end product development lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of alternative data ecosystem that can be used to power consumer lending experiences.
- The ability to independently manage trade-offs and prioritization of features within your roadmaps across a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executives and evangelizing to stakeholders
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Base salary of $150-180k annually
- Equity options
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day.
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance.
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance.
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
*Caribou does not currently have employee operations in AL, CT, HI, ID, IA, KY, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, RI, SD, WV, WY.