At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for an Associate Director, Customer Lifecycle Marketing to collaborate with members of the Growth Marketing, Paid Acquisition, Sales, Product, and Analytics teams in order to develop end-to-end strategies for customer communications. This role will help create human-centered journeys that bring value to customers and lead the way in building a team of managers and specialists to implement a best-in class Lifecycle Marketing program. These efforts will directly impact both marketing-specific and company-wide goals as our organization and product continue to grow. The Associate Director, Customer Lifecycle Marketing will:
- Work with the Lifecycle team to map out and evolve the customer journey through email and SMS
- Deeply understand the needs of customers seeking refinancing and their perceived value of rates, terms, products, and the significance of using a service like Caribou
- Develop multi-channel journeys to facilitate the customer’s journey through multiple funnels
- Lead the charge to develop an experimentation-driven optimization methodology, using the results of A/B and multivariate testing to enable your team to iterate rapidly on new and existing campaigns
- Work with our Sales, Product, and Customer Experience teams to translate organizational needs into customer-friendly language that is consistent throughout the use experience
- Collaborate with marketing team members to proofread and optimize content, developing processes to make this efficient and repeatable as we grow
- Use customer personas to create personalized content in accordance with company goals and product developments
- Collaborate with our Sr. Brand Marketing Manager and Design Lead to build and reinforce Caribou’s brand at every touchpoint
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Associate Director, Customer Lifecycle Marketing may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
- Have 7-10+ years relevant marketing experience (retention, engagement, transactional messaging, growing lifetime value) with multiple years of experience in people management and leading high performance teams
- Are analytical and data-driven with demonstrated ability to understand key performance drivers in order to turn insights into impactful strategies and tactics
- Are dedicated to building top quality user experiences; you aspire to have a strong understanding of the user’s needs and motivations as they interact with Caribou across multiple channels
- Have experience working with event-based systems and engineering teams to implement the events needed to drive the most effective Lifecycle campaigns and ensure a seamless user experience across interactions across product and other owned channels.
- Are comfortable in a variety of CRM platforms, implementing automated processes or performing manual updates when absolutely necessary
- Have a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize work across competing initiatives
- Enjoy mentoring and developing others skill sets to drive the advancement and growth of the team
- Bonus: Experience with Braze, Segment, and/or call center technologies
- You are values-focused and want to work in a mission-driven collaborative culture
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $130-$150k
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.