At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Technical Product Manager to partner with our technology team to build high-leverage, resilient PaaS (Platform as a Service) DevOps infrastructure that powers the heart of our company’s offerings. As we continue to scale the breadth and depth of our capabilities, this TPM will help us prioritize and manage a portfolio of platform investments that will provide the bedrock of our growth. As a MotoRefi Product team member, this person will work directly with the VP of Product and to pair with a pod of engineers to deliver an internal PaaS offering for our Engineering and Product Teams. This role will:
- Research and define a PaaS product roadmap that creates strategic advantages surrounding the DevOps lifecycle toolchain (CI/CD, Validation, Observability, etc) and prioritize high-leverage features that will accelerate our ability to deliver faster, ensure system reliability and security
- Collaborate with Engineering on setting a vision that promotes adoption of DevOps culture in our Process, Platform, and Architecture
- Work with stakeholders to identify needs & cross-team dependencies and ensure good communication and visibility between teams
- Participate in leadership of DevOps Enablement team, along with Engineering Manager and Technical Lead to ensure successful implementation of DevOps Initiatives
- Evangelize DevOps best practices across business, product and engineering teams
- Develop frameworks to scope projects and estimate their impact to ensure we are committing to the right improvements at the right time
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Technical Product Manager may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
We want to hear from you if you believe in DevOps as a culture, not just a tool, and have a deep love for developer productivity and can turn that passion into actionable initiatives. You have:
- 2-4+ years experience working in either a highly technical product management, SRE, engineering management, professional services, business development or customer success role in an enterprise software space
- Strong understanding of the modern DevOps toolchain and key SaaS platforms, CI/CD technologies and best practices, cloud services, DevOps and/or DevSecOps practices and general modern application monitoring
- Led roadmap strategy and definition of infrastructure projects for an engineering or product organization
- Practical knowledge of deploying production-grade applications on cloud platforms and containers, such as Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of security & compliance best practices and standards
- Experience analyzing DevOps lifecycle with metrics based approach ie: Optimizing Lead Time to Wait Time ratio
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executives and evangelizing to stakeholders
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $100-140K
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.