At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to be a strategic thought partner to our Marketing function, helping ensure that Caribou leverages data and analytics to effectively measure performance, identify areas of opportunity, and elevate our approach to our customer acquisition and engagement. You will not only act in service of our growth goals, but you’ll also act independently to proactively provide novel analysis and thought leadership to our Marketing leaders and other members of the company’s leadership team. The Senior Business Analyst will:
- Identify and analyze areas of opportunity and inefficiency in customer acquisition and engagement, and help communicate that to the team - from individual contributors to managers to senior execs.
- Work with Product & Engineering to outline new data needs and prioritize tasks & features.
- Partner with functional teams to provide analytical inputs to their decision making, build dashboards for key KPIs, create business cases and evaluate performance.
- Find opportunities for analytics to improve our processes and deploy solutions such as engagement and retention models and business frameworks.
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the Title may work remotely from a state where Caribou does business. However, this role will require attendance at occasional in-person team meetings. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position.
You like fast paced startup environments that operate at speed and are well practiced at moving quickly and proactively. You:
- You’ve worked as an analyst in a fast paced and complex business environment.
- You can balance an understanding of the key drivers of the business with the analytical rigor necessary to move the business forward quickly
- Your communication & presentation skills allow you to explain complex analytical findings to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- You have strong Excel and SQL skills; familiarity with R or Python is a plus.
- Your 4-6 years of professional experience includes work at a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, or another early stage startup. Startup experience and / or MBA is a major plus.
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary compensation: $100-120K
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.