At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help drivers save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
In the last year alone, we grew revenue by 5x and raised a $50M Series B. We’re built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries, and we’re proud to be backed by a great team of venture capital investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Engineering Manager, Growth Marketing. In this role, you will have a broad overview and provide leadership and guidance over people, process and systems. Specifically, you will:
- Be a servant leader overseeing the development, deployment, and maintenance of critical applications via cloud-native architectures
- Have working knowledge of Marketing conversion, funnel optimization, and other KPIs, and partnering with Analytics to deliver.
- Experience working in E-Commerce or direct-to-consumer products
- Lead a team of seasoned engineers to success. You will make hiring decisions, manage performance, and provide ongoing coaching
- Work closely across the Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Analytics teams to synthesize business needs into an executable, strategic vision for our APIs.
- Be responsible for the overall delivery of project work and supporting the applications across your organization.
- Define and measure successful engineering outcomes and assume accountability for results while delegating architectural decisions to the seasoned engineering team.
- Develop technical strategy on how we can push the boundaries of platform capabilities, and pair with a Product manager on fleshing out how to turn ideas into reality
You are a natural leader and influencer capable of setting a vision for how technology investments enhance a Product and Engineering organization’s ability to deploy software and measure performance. You have:
- 4+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering along with experience in Marketing technology stack: CRM, Personalization, Attribution pipelines, etc.
- Experience managing high-leverage tooling such as Braze & Segment for outbound communications and Contentful for CMS.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish new frameworks, ability to think on your feet, and see opportunities before others do. You can generalize both problems and solutions.
- Experience coordinating the work of multiple engineering teams executing in similar problem spaces to deliver against a shared vision
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executives and evangelizing to stakeholders
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes::
- Base salary of $180-210K annually
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Fantastic health, dental, vision, and mental health insurance, and a generous PTO plan
- Company-paid for short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits include HSAs, FSAs, voluntary life insurance, and pet insurance.
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Our Tech stack is not limited to this list but gives you a general flavor of our ecosystem: Rails, Kong, Airflow, Python, Node (NextJs, NestJS), Typescript, GraphQL, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Spark, Argo, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.