Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
As Lead Visual Designer you will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing consumer-facing creative for branded experiences across a broad range of channels, including digital and print. You will develop and deliver strategic, on brand, highly impactful digital creative in support of CarGurus brand and marketing teams, such as: landing pages, emails, digital advertising and more. This role requires critical thinking, a high level of business acumen, B2C marketing design expertise and the ability to work independently. You should be comfortable guiding and collaborating with multiple stakeholders and working with a range of creative and marketing professionals. Because the work is fast-paced and high visibility, you must have excellent planning, communication and collaboration skills. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with the CMO and other high level stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Deliver marketing objectives through world-class design by leveraging CarGurus visual identity
- Deliver creative within brand guidelines, efficiently & with minimal supervision
- Translate creative briefs into high-quality design, with the lens of business outcomes
- Fulfill multiple project requests within defined deadlines
- Present creative ideas effectively and be able to manage and implement feedback
- Continually adopt new tools and practices, striving to elevate your design.
- You stay ahead of latest design trends and digital advancements
- Collaborate with and mentor junior team members to help elevate their work and grow their skill sets
What you'll bring
- You are highly collaborative and comfortable managing complex projects independently
- Proven ability to design marketing collateral, direct mail, digital ads, landing pages, and other digital marketing formats
- Ability to translate business goals into world-class design.
- It's not just about making something beautiful—we have to consider the target audience, conversion goals, product segmentation and more
- Experience with and appreciation for rigorously testing and optimizing creative for performance
- Expert level in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable building landing pages with no-code tools similar to: Webflow, Instagpages, Wordpress or Shopify
- Knowledgeable in UX/UI best practices with code familiarity (this is not a product research role)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Portfolio of related work required to apply for this position
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus. #LI-Hybrid