Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
The Senior Order to Cash Analyst position is a newly created opportunity in support of CarGurus' new product line offerings. This position will handle all of the day-to-day financial operations work and be a key piece in the success of a newly built Order-to-Cash process. They will also support the implementation and stabilization of new software for the product.
What you'll do
- Gain a deep understanding of a newly implemented product line and its impact on our order-to-cash process.
- Document and communicate detailed business requirements for the Order-to-Cash function to system architects.
- Define and implement an operational end-to-end order-to-cash process for the new product line.
- Lead and own the implementation of new systems and processes to ensure continued business process improvement, operational efficiency, and outstanding customer experience.
- Provide training and mentorship to junior team members on all day-to-day Finance operations transactional work (Order review, Invoicing, Cash Applications)
- Find opportunities to automate business processes for scalability and implement standard methodologies within the order-to-cash cycle.
- Review customer orders for completeness and compliance with company processing, fulfillment, and revenue recognition requirements.
- Perform the reconciliation of all orders, deals, and payments generated within our financial system.
- Track deals from the creation of orders through cash collection. Identify areas for potential automation.
- Reconcile all bank and merchant accounts. Ensure all incoming and outgoing cash is posted and accounted for.
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries for all open AR/cash balance for the OTC manager’s approval and sign-off.
- Own the relationship with our merchant provider to develop reporting, reconcile monthly settlements, and record all chargebacks.
- Develop and deliver analytical reporting as well as key performance indicators.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of hands-on experience in Finance Operations, specifically Accounts Receivable is required; Order Management is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the order-to-cash process and accounting concepts.
- Previous participation in the implementation of an ERP system for the Order-to-Cash stream.
- Experience with process definition and writing standard operating procedures is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently. Collaborates cross-functionally without the need for direction.
- Knowledge of stripe or similar merchant providers.
- Deep knowledge of a major ERP system. Knowledge of data tables is a plus.
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid