Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join our growing Accounting Team and support the Financial Reporting function. In this role, you will be involved in the preparation of the quarterly and annual filings. The ideal candidate should be highly detailed and have strong knowledge of GAAP and disclosure requirements.
What you'll do
- Compile 10Q/10K filings in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Compile quarterly and annual earnings releases
- Assist with the comment process with legal department, management, and auditors
- Assist with the annual and quarterly financial statement disclosure checklists
- Review various materials, including audit committee and investor relation materials, that contain financial related information and validate accuracy of associated data
- Assist the auditors with their testing of financial statement accuracy and gathering appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist with ad hoc projects across multiple accounting areas, as needed
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA highly preferred.
- 3+ years public accounting experience, at a Big 4, highly preferred
- Experience preparing or reviewing SEC filings including 10-Q/10-K and earnings releases
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with NetSuite/Solutions 7/Active Disclosure is a plus
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.#LI-Hybrid