Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a VP of Corporate Strategy to help drive continued growth across the company. In this role, you will work closely with our executive team to evaluate and guide strategic opportunities for the organization. You will report directly to our CEO and tackle high priority operational issues by driving the communication and development of suitable strategies and goals. You will establish the metrics to navigate our success, building a shared vision and purpose across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with executive and business unit leaders to develop CarGurus’s multi-year strategy and goals
- Establish measurement criteria to guide the performance of established strategies consistently, identify deficiencies, and develop impactful solutions
- Ensure departmental strategies are aligned in order to advance the overall business strategy
- Work with key subject matter specialists and internal organizations to analyze current industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and make data driven recommendations of the best path forward.
- Lead cross-functional teams by clearly communicating employee expectations, holding employees accountable and acknowledging/rewarding goal achievement as appropriate.
- Drive strategic planning processes and act as a trusted advisor to leadership and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution.
- Mentor business partners to ensure they have tools needed to continue to drive projects long term
- Build clear channels of communication to listen to and understand current processes, discovering where opportunities may exist
- Drive key critical initiatives and support functional teams in the development of their short term and long-term objectives and key results
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA or equivalent in education and experience
- 10+ years of total experience with at least 5+ years leading projects at a management consulting firm.
- Track record of achievement in delivering large, sophisticated projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Ability to implement a high-impact agenda with a diverse set of key partners, and the ability to drive the right change in a fluid and dynamic environment.
- Exhibits curiosity, analysis, and passion towards structuring an approach and driving solutions for a sophisticated business and market opportunities.
- Highly developed analytical and data skills with an understanding of how to convey complex concepts in a compelling and concise way
- Proven success in leading successful organizational transformation projects
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a team with a “roll up your sleeves” approach.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and facilitation skills.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.