Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a VP, Inside Sales. The position will understand the CarGurus business model, design a holistic framework and institute an executable plan to improve sales outcomes and team performance. This individual will provide leadership and direction for a team of 95+ sales professionals. This is an exciting position as CarGurus enters its next stage of growth. This role will report to our Executive Vice President of North American Revenue.
The requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard and fast rules. To work at CarGurus, you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills and want the opportunity to be considered – please feel free to apply.
What You'll Do:
- Continue to develop and iterate the overall inside sales strategy while providing counsel and input on our go-to-market evolution and changing market dynamics.
- This VP of Inside Sales will focus on executing against the current aggressive-growth sales plan while sizing the organization appropriately to meet current and future sales targets.
- Hire, coach, develop an extraordinary sales team.
- Lead and inspire the sales organization to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue growth targets by establishing sales goals and holding the team accountable to efficiently hitting and exceeding targets.
- Develop our sales managers into a team that excel in the skills of coaching, performance management, providing relevant feedback, forecasting, and implementing a daily KPI cadence.
- Assess and optimize systems/processes in the sales organization (performance management, on-boarding, ramping, training, reporting, sales tools, etc.).
- Analyze and communicate data from Salesforce and other systems to inform and influence the executive team.
- Develop executive management performance reviews to assess progress, drive strategic and operational changes and resource investment.
Who you are:
- Exceeds revenue objectives within high growth businesses; experience running revenue streams of $200M+
- Track record of hiring, developing, motivating, mentoring and retaining premier sales teams to meet results-oriented goals, including mid-level managers and directors; experience developing teams of 100+
- Strong results oriented leadership presence who can set clear goals, motivate, train, enthusiastically engage others and drive accountability
- Demonstrated success in building strong sales engines, improving sales operations and utilizing predictable, repeatable sales roadmaps. Ability to effectively translate targets into specific actions for managers and individuals.
- Verifiable track record of leading high-velocity/transactional sales with deep experience in inside models.
- Strategic problem solver with a demonstrable ability to build innovative sales models, combined with the tactical ability to execute.
- Extensive sales management experience with a proven track record of building robust leadership teams.
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.