Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Senior Credit & Collections Analyst to join our team! This role will entail contacting our customers by phone and email to secure payment on overdue accounts. The Senior Credit and Collections Analyst will be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to initiate difficult conversations and negotiate favorable outcomes for the company.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years’ experience within the Collections function or B2B Phone experience in a customer facing role such as Sales.
- Expert Negotiator
- Competence in using integrated software (Salesforce and Zuora)
- Advanced in Excel with working knowledge of (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables)
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently and manage their own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with deadlines and performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Enjoys taking ownership of and resolving problems
- College degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience
What you will Do:
- Negotiating the best possible outcome for CarGurus with challenging customers
- Making outbound calls (30+ a day) to customers to collect payment for overdue Invoices
- Acts as the liaison between sales/customer relation teams and the customers to handle overdue accounts
- Process and post customer payments to open invoices
- Regularly monitor the accounts receivable aging for accuracy and completeness
- Working with varying levels of personnel within internal and customer organizations to resolve any collection issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Assisting with reporting department critical metrics
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.