Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Our B2B engineering team, Dealer Solutions, is looking for a Lead Software Architect to join the team in Cambridge, MA. In this role, you will build, grow, and lead products in our dealer digital marketing suite, CarGurus Real-time Performance Marketing (RPM).
CarGurus RPM leverages the largest online in-market car shopping audience, as well as the technology used to acquire that audience, to deliver quality traffic to dealer websites. We focus on solving technical problems that are specific to auto and specific to our customers, and we partner with a variety of advertising technology platforms to bring it all together. We design ad creative, refine vehicle recommendations, optimize bidding, collect statistics, and build dashboards. Working in this role on CarGurus RPM can allow you to use your AdTech expertise while working within the largest auto shopping marketplace in the U.S. This is not your traditional AdTech opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement new products and features in CarGurus RPM
- Collaborate with product management, data analysts and other engineers to identify and scope opportunities
- Work with partner companies to maintain and grow existing products
- Contribute to roadmap definition
- Monitor and improve upon performance of existing products and solutions
- Be an owner of critical pieces of software
- Make data-driven decisions
Who You Are:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in software development
- Previous experience in advertising technology
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational database
- Interest in performance optimization
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Ability to work directly with business partners when needed
- Product focused engineer
- Able to collaborate well with cross-functional team
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and data-driven. We have a great respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to meaningless meetings. We’re committed to diversity and inclusion because we want all employees to have a sense of belonging. To power you through the day, our kitchens are stocked with snacks and drinks. Lunch is catered daily. All employees are shareholders. We believe that giving back is important, so we have established an Open Source Fund and Charitable Giving program which make quarterly donations to employee recommended organizations. We recognize that everyone has a life outside of the office which is why we have flexible schedules and unlimited personal time.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy, and Spain with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.