Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
As a Traffic Acquisition Manager, you will be charge of identifying and managing opportunities to drive incremental leads to our dealers efficiently, with a primary focus on our North America markets. Reporting to the Director of Traffic Acquisition, you will work closely together with the Engineering, Data Science and broader Marketing teams in bringing to life and optimizing identified priorities. A successful candidate will possess an outstanding analytical skillset, drive and strong communication qualities.
What You’ll Do:
- Become an expert on digital advertising channels (Search Engine, Social and Display), gaining a deep understanding of optimization levers.
- Conduct in-depth, data-driven analysis to inform roadmap and prioritization for CarGurus North American markets.
- Measure performance of existing algorithmic-advertising initiatives to identify optimization and grow opportunities across a variety of performance marketing channels (e.g. paid search, social and display remarketing)
- Analyze market, competitive and media landscape dynamics to identify additional traffic acquisition opportunities.
- Propose and manage tests in partnership with engineering and marketing teams
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leadership
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical or social science major (e.g. math, statistics, economics) with an excellent academic record. Master degree a plus.
- 4+ years of professional experience, with a background in strategy consulting, business analytics, consumer marketing or investment banking; ideally with ad tech or online advertising acumen
- Data-oriented thinker with excellent strategic and analytical capabilities
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics, advanced knowledge a plus
- Experience with MS Excel required; experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau) strongly preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.