Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Interested in helping people make one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives? We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to build usable, attractive, and high-performing user experiences for CarGurus products! The ideal candidate will be comfortable solving complex customer problems with agile teams that include engineers, product managers, analysts, and copywriters.
An online portfolio or access to samples of past work is required for applicants to this position.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineering and product leads to research, conceive, design, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer- and B2B-facing experiences
- Create user flows, sketches, user flows, use cases, personas, and other product design and communication artifacts as needed, based on business requirements and constraints
- Practice an evidence based design approach, and apply user insights and customer feedback (including A/B testing) to rapidly iterate on your designs
- Understand business strategy and how designs align with strategy
- Apply measurements of the efficiency of designs to your work
- Work with teams and partners across CarGurus
- Significant UX design/product design experience
- Proficient in commonly used design tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Proficient in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies
- Experienced in user research, usability testing and other methods of design validation
- Clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Understanding of accessibility concerns
- Able to demonstrate your understanding of design process and innovation
- Partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
- Share your knowledge and mentor team members, while also learning from other team members
- Experience with iOS/mobile design, e-commerce or digital marketplaces are all nice to have
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hard-working. We have a great respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.