Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and trans0parent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for a Junior Email Developer to build email templates using HTML and CSS and support marketing campaign execution and testing. This position will report directly to the Director of Consumer Retention in CarGurus’ consumer marketing team and will have significant cross-functional interaction with creative (copywriting and design), analytics, and external email vendors.
What You’ll Do:
- Code, assemble, and QA email templates in our Email Service Provider (ESP) platform (Iterable) to ensure technical perfection of every email sent
- Create new email templates as needed and update existing email creatives
- Setup, test, and launch email campaigns
- Create filters in Iterable for segmentation using customer profile attributes and other variables or work with analyst on custom list pull
- Slice and convert PhotoShop Document (PSD) files
- Use rendering tools (Litmus, Email on Acid) to preview and test designs among devices, browsers and mail clients; fix issues as they arise
- Ensure utilization of deliverability best practices and compliance of content with brand standards, privacy, spam regulation (CAN-SPAM), web accessibility/ADA, etc.
- Report on campaigns post-launch
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience developing and coding emails and templates
- Technical skills:
- HTML, CSS, Photoshop (Dreamweaver a plus)
- Experience with Responsys, SFMC, IBM, Epsilon, Adobe, or other first-tier enterprise ESP
- Knowledge of major ISPs, rendering tools, and email best practices
- Strong understanding of responsive templates and usability principles
- Extra points for: Experience with Iterable, SQL skills, knowledge of Google AMP requirements, understanding of interactive email
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, maintaining design integrity during the build process
- Ability to report out clearly and succinctly on results of an email send/email test
- Collaborative: Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to handle competing priorities with tight deadlines and work with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.