Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus seeks an experienced creative director with a proven track record of bringing consumer brands to life. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will build and mentor a small in-house team partnering across the business to help achieve our creative goals. In this capacity, you will complement our marketing team and key agency partners, leading in-house creative efforts serving the needs of our customer acquisition, retention marketing, brand, PR, social media, content marketing, HR and corporate marketing teams.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the creative leader for CarGurus, refining our brand and bringing it to life through a broad range of touchpoints to build awareness, engagement and preference for CarGurus.
- Build and mentor a high-performing in-house creative team to meet the needs of the CarGurus organization.
- Provide leadership for the ongoing interpretation and evolution of our brand standards in support of new applications across the business
- Concept and direct multimedia work including email templates, banner ads, digital videos, offline collateral, content marketing design assets and social media posts
- Partner with marketing to extend agency-led national TV campaigns for other media
- Partner with UX design to evolve overall site branding and where visual design/messaging support is required to build/evolve specific elements of our site experience
- Develop, implement and evolve processes to ensure that creative deliverables are prioritized appropriately and delivered on time, on strategy and on budget
Who You Are:
- 15+ years in a creative role, with at least 5 years of experience managing design and copy professionals. Visual design roots and some video production experience preferred
- Highly collaborative and able to partner with and support the needs of a range of internal stakeholders
- Experience mentoring a high-performance team
- Love of design; you stay current and ahead of latest design trends and digital advancements
- Experience with and appreciation for rigorously testing & optimizing creative to deliver performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented and able to prioritize competing demands for multiple internal stakeholders
- Low-ego and an ability to inspire great work from your team, whether designing a marketing campaign or a PowerPoint template
- Experience developing global campaigns and efficiently/effectively localizing creatives
- Previous client-side experience strongly preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.