CareRev is a technology platform empowering healthcare professionals to take control of their careers. CareRev provides a direct line between healthcare facilities and local clinical talent, cutting out the middleman and enabling professionals to work where and when they want. Together, we’re building the local, resilient, flexible healthcare workforce of the future. CareRev serves over 32 major metropolitan areas nationwide at over 70 hospitals and health systems, and over 540 outpatient centers and skilled nursing facilities. More than 22,000 clinical professionals (and growing!) are included in CareRev’s network. For more information, visit www.carerev.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
CareRev is growing and we are excited to add a Director of Product Law to our internal legal team! You will be a thought leader on legal issues and a strategic partner to company leadership and cross-functional stakeholders. You will have expertise in general product counseling while ideally also having some background or experience in employment law. Additionally, you will bring strong business acumen, understanding of the legal landscape as well as excellent leadership, problem solving and counseling skills to help advance company velocity by advising internal stakeholders on how to navigate and manage risk.
We are innovating the healthcare industry and working to solve unique challenges each day. You’ll have more impact than you can imagine within healthcare by uniting people in care and improving lives within our local communities!
What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead counseling on general product law matters, advising executives and other cross-functional stakeholders on business strategy, risk, and various legal considerations
- Craft pragmatic solutions to legal issues and provide succinct and actionable legal advice that allows stakeholders to make sound business decisions in view of relevant legal requirements and risks
- Minimize paralysis among cross-functional stakeholders as they navigate opaque regulatory issues and the unknown while innovating in an emerging technology space
- Partner with Government Affairs to help positively shape the legal and regulatory landscape
- Counsel on employment law issues and manage employment-related pre-litigation and litigation matters
- Effectively manage outside counsel
- Manage and mentor other counsel and staff as the team scales
- Help to develop, implement and continually improve company and legal team processes
- Assist with other areas of legal support when needed
- Report to the Chief Legal Officer
What We’re Looking For:
- Expertise in product counseling with 10+ years of overall legal experience preferred
- This should include experience at a major law firm as well as in-house experience
- Experience working on either employment classification issues or employment law issues is preferred.
- Experience helping clients navigate complex or opaque regulatory environments is preferred
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate complex legal ideas to non-lawyers
- Proven ability to balance legal risk with business priorities and realities, and to help drive product development and implementation forward
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence at all levels, internally and externally
- Aptitude for managing a team while being a team player
- Experience in other areas of law such as regulatory law, privacy, corporate law, or litigation would be a plus, but is not required
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new areas of law and business and assist with a variety of issues as they arise in a fast-moving startup environment
- Knowledge of healthcare or health tech industries would be a plus, but is not required
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in at least one US state and be eligible to practice as in-house counsel in the state you reside
- Role location is remote within the United States
- Some travel may be required
- COVID-19 vaccination required
The anticipated salary range for this position is $173,000.00 - $276,000.00. Equity, bonus or commission and benefits may also be provided as part of the total compensation package, depending on the position offered. If given an offer, the exact salary amount offered will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience, education and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence.
Reasons to Consider Us:
- 100% remote company
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short term disability 100% covered by CareRev
- Life insurance covered by CareRev
- Fertility health and family-planning benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Generous paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- 401K and company match
- Competitive Stock Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount network
- Pet Insurance
- Learning reimbursement program
- Home office set-up equipment stipend
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds of work equipment
- Ability to set up home office to include desk and chair
CareRev is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please discuss with your Recruiter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful manner. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. CareRev treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. CareRev also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.