CareRev is bringing the future of work to Healthcare! CareRev's mission is to build a sustainable future for healthcare professionals. CareRev is a modern marketplace platform offering professionals the freedom to choose how and when they work, tools and training to develop their careers, and personalized growth opportunities.
We are a YC S16 graduate and believe in quickly iterating on features to build products that people want. We deploy multiple times a day and work within a hybrid/scrum system. We believe in the agile manifesto, but not the industry straight jacket that has arisen around what it means to be "agile". Build stuff that works, communicate across the company, react quickly to degradations in system/feature performance, have ideas on solutions to ever-evolving problems, respect and collaborate with fellow CareRevengineers, CareRevers, and customers.
As a Backend Engineer: Senior you will work with a 4-7 person team, building and iterating towards higher quality and higher value product. Each team will have members with skills to cover product management, UI design, backend build, and client build. You will be responsible for the API build, database data structure design, software architecture, security, and performance of the core backend Ruby/Rails application that powers new and existing products.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a 4-7 person team
- Build and iterate towards a higher quality and higher value product.
- Each team will have members with skills to cover product management, UI design, backend build, and client build.
- Responsible for the
- API build
- Database data structure design
- Software architecture
- Performance of the core backend Ruby/Rails application that powers new and existing products.
What We’re Looking For:
While you should have many of these skills, not all are required.
- 5+ years programming experience with Ruby and/or similar languages (Python, Perl, PHP, JS, Elixir)
- 3+ years of experience with Rails or other web frameworks
- Proficiency in working with Unix like environments
- Previous experience with relatively large-scale server-side applications
- Deep understanding and application of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Some travel required, up to 10%
Reasons to Consider Us:
- 100% remote company
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short term disability 100% covered by CareRev
- Life insurance covered by CareRev
- Paid parental leave
- Generous paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- 401K and company match
- Office equipment stipend
- Learning reimbursement program
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds of work equipment
- Ability to set up home office to include desk and chair
CareRev is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please discuss with your Recruiter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful manner. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. CareRev treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. CareRev also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
If you are an applicant in California, Colorado, Washington State or New York City and have compensation questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the email request: your Full Name, Job Name, and the City and State in which you reside. Please allow 48 business hours for a response. All other applicants: PLEASE NOTE, this email is not for candidates to apply to jobs directly. Resumes sent via this email address are not in our Applicant Tracking System, and therefore can not be included in our recruiting process. Please Apply following the steps below.