CareRev is bringing the future of work to Healthcare! We are developing a robust marketplace that connects trusted Healthcare professionals to relevant per diem shift opportunities. We are working to change the traditional relationship between Healthcare professionals and Healthcare facilities alike, aiming to build a future that ensures people who work in Healthcare have better tools and are empowered to be the healers they want to be.
What You'll Do as a Data Architect: Staff you will support our Lake (AWS S3), Warehouse (Postgresql), Unified Data Analytics Platform (UDAP), and Message Bus (Kafka w/ Debezium).
While ingesting data you'll work toward data format conversions, tagging, parsing, monitoring, and alerting.
The end goal is deliver value (making patients, nurses, and providers' healthcare world class) from DATA to ALL stakeholders of the organization, but most especially Data Analysts & Data Scientists.
This role will work closes with DevOps, Security, and Data Architects.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5yr+ Software Engineering with a focus on Data
- 2yr+ Shell AND Python
- 2yr+ AWS
- 6months+ Kafka
- Ability to define AWS data analytics services and understand how they integrate with each other
- Ability to explain how AWS data analytics services fit in the data lifecycle of collection, storage, processing, and visualization
Nice to Have:
- SQL ANSI 2015+
- Athena, EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, Kafka, QuickSight, Glue, Lake Formation, Data Pipeline, S3, IAM, EKS, ECS
- Big Data:
- gRPC, protobuf
- Arrow, Parquet, CSV
- Leadership has had successful exits before
- 1 of only 1,800 world wide AWS Community Builders
- A publicly recognized AWS Exam Author and Trainer
- A past Vice President of the Apache Software Foundation Infrastructure
- A multi-published O'reilly books technical open source author
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds of work equipment
- Ability to set up home office to include desk and chair
A Few Reasons to Consider Us:
- 100% remote company
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Short term disability 100% covered by CareRev
- Life insurance covered by CareRev
- Paid parental leave
- Generous paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- 401K and company match
- Office equipment stipend
- Learning reimbursement program
CareRev is putting transparency, fairness, and trust back on the table. We deeply value changing the world for the better! To date, CareRev has raised $50M in funding to further our mission. In addition, CareRev has a fantastic group of investors, including Transformation Capital, top Healthcare VC firms, Y Combinator partners, and alumni.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please discuss with your Recruiter.
CareRev is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful manner. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. CareRev treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. CareRev also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.