Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
As the Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that quality is upheld throughout our packaging operation. You will supervise associates during the shift who will be inspecting packaging and labeling to ensure that all specifications have been met prior to the release of packaged products. Reporting directly into the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that procedures are followed at all times during your shift (Weekend) at the Fulfillment Center.
Weekend Shift: Friday - Sunday from 7:00am - 7:00pm, and Monday from 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Review and approve electronic batch records for packaged products and other quality documentation.
- Address and resolve various quality issues that arise during production and support Quality investigations of non-conformances to specifications.
- Perform Product Evaluations for allergic reaction investigations.
- Manage Quality Team Leads on the shift for in-process inspections. Manage protocols for holds, rework, and other production deviations.
- Support the sanitation associates and monitor the environmental monitoring programs, including temperature, humidity, cleaning, and micro.
- Review and approve appropriate logbook documentation including, but not limited to, those used for cleaning and equipment calibrations. required for GMP operation during the shift.
- Train new operations employees on established GMP, GDP, and other quality procedures. Provide employee coaching and development.
- Manage shift quality metrics and provide regular progress reports to the Quality Manager.
- Support internal and external audits activities for Care/of quality systems, with focus on box and GMP audits
- Manage change request, document changes and drive root cause analysis corrective actions to prevent deviations from the SOP.
- Incoming Release: Bulk, Finished Product, Packaging, Labeling
Where you’ll be:
You’ll be expected to be on-site at the Brooklyn, NY based Care/of Fulfillment for the Weekend shift (Friday - Sunday from 7:00am - 7:00pm, and Monday from 2:00pm - 6:00pm)
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Quality Assurance in the GMP environment and familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Ability to coach and train associates.
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you are a proactive communicator.
- A data-driven decision maker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in computers, especially software like Microsoft Word and Excel.
Extra carrots 🥕(preferred, but not required):
- Experience using inventory management or electronic batch record systems.
- People management experience.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Flexible vacation time
- Monthly employee credit to use towards a Care/of purchase + a 50% discount for 3 people in your inner circle.
- Access to employee assistance services like Health Advocate, Kindbody, Bravely, Talkspace, One Medical, Teladoc, Eden Health, and Harness.
- Monthly fitness subsidy (at-home workouts count!).
- 3 months 100% paid parental leave.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal and professional learning & development.
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Monthly team lunch.
- Office wellness perks.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.