Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a head of Customer Experience & Insights to run our Care Team, a group of 10 smart, passionate people who take care of our customers - as well as stand up our first-ever full-time customers insights team. You will act as the voice of the customer across the company, advocating for and building a stronger brand and a better experience. You will be at the Director level and report into the Chief Customer Officer alongside the Brand team.
- Manage leads who run operations across the customer service team, day-to-day customer experience & communications, and customer analytics, research & experience improvement
- Lead strategy, planning, and execution to provide the best customer experience across every touchpoint by working cross functionally with all teams
- Design and conduct, oversee, and/or advise on user research (quant & qual) to drive to actionable insights, working with all teams - including brand, innovation, and UX/UI research
- Own the post-purchase journey, innovating ways to keep customers happy, engaged, and informed
- Manage large cross-functional, customer-facing projects
- Partner with our Brooklyn-based fulfillment center on quality control and shipping SLAs
- Partner with Regulatory & Medical teams on Adverse Event Handling, complying with the FDA
- Manage vendors and systems across customer service, communications, and research
- Budget and forecast the team’s future needs in partnership with Finance & Accounting teams
- Set quarterly goals for the team and develop a long-term vision for the direction of the org
Where you’ll be:
We are encouraging employees (whose job responsibilities allow) to work remotely with the option of returning to the office. We are committed to prioritizing workspace flexibility by building systems to create an inclusive and productive environment in which employees feel most comfortable working (role permitting).
This role will require you to be based in the NYC metropolitan area. You will be expected to come into our New York City office at least once a month, and you are welcome to go in as often as you would like.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of relevant CX and insights/research experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, ideally with experience managing people managers
- Strong data analysis skills, ideally previous experience creating reports in a BI tool
- Passion for customer service and desire to create experiences beyond customer expectations
- Experienced researcher able to pull from a variety of methodologies - you probably love cutting a survey or conducting an interview yourself!
- Strong problem-solving skills; willingness to get in the weeds on operational or digital issues
- Experience managing several projects at once
- Extremely empathetic, high EQ & exceptional interpersonal skills
Extra carrots 🥕(preferred, but not required):
- Experience managing a BPO
- Experience at a direct-to-consumer company selling physical products and/or experience at a company in a regulated industry
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.