Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, our Maintenance Technicians contribute to the overall success and productivity of our Fulfillment Center; a big centerpoint of our business. You’ll be expected to diagnose and repair all machine malfunctions to ensure production efficiencies and quality, reporting into our Facilities Manager with weekly updates related to our machinery projects and breakdowns.
- Work safely around mechanical and electrical equipment using lock out/ tag out (LOTO), wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- You will be responsible for using hand tools to perform maintenance and repair of all production machinery, utility machinery, facility maintenance and maintenance record keeping related to manufacturing and production
- You will perform installations, maintain project lists, maintenance logs, preventative maintenance (PM) programs and related shop records
- You will be expected to make necessary adjustments to machinery with various control switches, dials, buttons, etc.
- Participate in initial training and help develop maintenance technician training program
- Assist and train production personnel with line changes as required
There are two (2) available shifts for this role:
- Weekday: Monday - Thursday 7:00AM-6:00PM; +1/-1 hour shift start/end based on equipment maintenance requirements.
- Weekend: Friday -Sunday 7:00AM-7:00PM; +1/-1 hour shift start/end based on equipment maintenance requirements.
Where you’ll be:
We are encouraging employees (whose job responsibilities allow) to work remotely with the option of returning to the office. We are committed to prioritizing workspace flexibility by building systems to create an inclusive and productive environment in which employees feel most comfortable working (role permitting).
You will be expected to spend your time working at the Fulfillment Center (Brooklyn) all scheduled shifts.
Who you are:
A reliable person that likes to roll up their sleeves, assess what is the root cause of an issue, and seek quick resolution. You like to partner with stakeholders and drive a good internal customer experience.
- Lead by example with a safety first mentality when performing work
- Experienced with performing routine PM work on production machinery, following Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) principles coming from a manufacturing background, utilizing computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Knowledgeable of mechanics and machinery operation and adept with mechanical and electrical blueprint reading
- Possess the ability to operate and adjust production machinery safely and independently
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical issues with production process with the use of direct observation of mechanical systems, schematics, programmable logic controllers (PLC) programs, and diagnostic tools such as voltmeters, amp probes, etc.
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Creative problem-solving skills
- IT Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot PLCs
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Paid Time Off
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.