Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
As our Quality Control Specialist, you will perform sampling and inspection of bulk, finished product, packaging components, retain samples, and stability samples to ensure compliance with the established regulations (21 CFR Part 111). You’ll be responsible for reviewing and analyzing data against established specifications to ensure that the identity, strength, quality, and purity of the finished product is not compromised, and initiating OOS reports when appropriate.
- Perform quality control inspection of dietary supplements and certificate of analyses in accordance with established test methods and USP guidelines.
- Coordinate with external laboratories to ensure all testing/analysis is conducted according to approved test methods, SOPs, or associated documents and meets the product specifications.
- Partner closely with Operations, Supply, and Inventory Planning to ensure teams are aware of quality investigations, testing delays, lot failures, and upcoming lot releases.
- Investigate and author initial out of specification records, customer complaints, and other product non conformances in a timely manner. Determine and implement appropriate corrective actions in partnership with other Quality team members.
- Create and manage bills of materials (BOMs) in our inventory management system; oversee inventory control and ensure Inventory team is adhering to all documented quality processes.
- Supervise Quality Control Inspection Associate to coordinate sampling, inventory room audits, and box audits.
- Complete quality inspections against controlled documents in the electronic quality management system.
- Create new product process flows, as needed.
- Release product lots based on passing data per established specifications and USP guidelines.
- Manage returned D2C product and disposition per standard operating procedures.
Who you are:
You are passionate about quality and the Care/of customer. You are able to track and analyze data sets and draw conclusions to formulate recommendations to other Quality team members and internal partners. And you are not afraid to get your hands dirty: you are willing to jump in and perform daily tasks to ensure the Operation continues to move at a swift pace.
- BS and/or MS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or other science-related degree
- 2+ years of quality control experience in a GMP-regulated industry with GLP experience
- At least 1 year of first line supervisory experience of hourly non-exempt employees
- Experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously, working independently, and on a cross-functional team
- Willing to perform tasks of a working specialist, as needed, if hourly non-exempt employee is not available
- An exceptional communicator and analytical problem solver
- Effective and succinct communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Extremely organized, thorough, and detail oriented
- Experience authoring investigations and analytical reports
- Experience working with large data sets and tracking/trending results (Excel, Google Sheets, etc)
- Experience organizing and maintaining controlled documentation
- Experience working with a warehouse management system and eQMS
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.