Let's get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
As a Sanitation Associate, you will perform routine and non-routine cleaning tasks in all areas of the site including production, shipping, warehouse storage, offices, and breakrooms. You are responsible for completing cleaning tasks as defined in the site Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and for proper handling and usage of site approved sanitation chemicals.
The hours for the Weekday shift are Monday - Thursday from 5:45pm to 4:45am and the hours for the Weekend shift are Friday - Sunday 6:45 pm - 6:45 amPlease only apply if you are able to commit to these hours.
- Perform site cleaning and sanitization work activities under the direction of the Sanitation and Food Safety Supervisor and Sanitation Team Lead in compliance with GMPs and site SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) to maximize personnel safety, food safety and working group efficiency
- Inspect and report food safety issues, potential sources of contamination and site observed pest activity
- Perform post-cleaning inspections through visual examination of food contact surfaces, ATP and Allergen swab testing to verify the effectiveness of cleaning
- Duties may include items not listed above to effectively serve the business as required including completion of non-routine cleaning projects
- Safely work with various cleaning chemicals while following SDS guidelines and appropriate PPE
- Understand and practice safety policies, elevated ladder safety, LOTO, chemical types, labeling and warnings regarding mixing chemicals
Who you are:
In our Fulfillment Center, you are able to work independently as well as in a team environment with the flexibility to work shifts as scheduled (overnight, weekends, holidays). You have at least a year of sanitation experience in a HACCP, USDA, or FDa regulated manufacturing facility, in which you have performed cleaning and sanitization of food contact and non-food contact surfaces through both wet and dry cleaning methods.
- Must have experience with sanitation procedures and policies
- Must be dependable in both, arriving and completing the work shift and compliance with the attendance policy
- Exposure to varying temperatures or noise levels on a regular basis
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Requires continuous physical activity and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching for long periods of time
- Requires repetitive hand motions
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins 💊
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.