Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it’s our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We’re excited to meet you!
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, you’ll impact revenue by writing high-quality software from inception, to execution, to deployment. You’ll join a fast-moving team of software engineers who enjoy working on software and hardware integrations.
- Think of new ways to optimize and process order fulfillment to ensure on-time delivery for our customers
- Work in various levels of the web, warehouse management system, and UI development stacks using Ruby on Rails, React, and Node.js
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Visit our Brooklyn-based fulfillment center regularly to ensure team alignment and understanding of on-the-ground operations
Who you are:
- 6+ years experience in designing and deploying applications at scale
- Experience implementing OO principles and TDD, and are familiar with Docker, cloud based infrastructure, and CI/CD
- Team player who is interested being a part of a highly functioning team, whose success you value over individual achievements
- Enthusiastic about getting to learn new skills and information
- Lives in the NYC Metropolitan area (our corporate office is remote through the end of 2021, but this role will require you to frequently visit our Brooklyn-based fulfillment center)
Extra carrots 🥕:
- Experience working in Fulfillment center/Warehouse management software
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Experience with React, Node.js
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.