At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and powders straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
The Product Strategy team at Care/of sits at the intersection of physical products (like our vitamins and protein powders) and digital products (like our website and app). We represent the consumer, as well as Care/of’s P&L, in driving our innovation strategy and roadmap. You will have a central role on this team, helping us imagine the next set of products we’ll launch, setting the strategy for those new products, and bringing them to market - including leading major launches. You will also have the opportunity to monitor, analyze, and make recommendations for improvements within the existing portfolio of products. This is a highly cross-functional role, where you’ll be collaborating with teams across the organization and involved in every aspect of product launches and improvements from formulation to new digital experiences to packaging design and launch campaigns.
- Build our 2-year product strategy and pipeline by leading analysis, research, and business case development for potential product launches
- Lead launches of new products and platforms from ideation to go-to-market, including cross-functional planning and project management
- Drive the ideation phase of new product launches, including conducting user research to understand consumer needs and pain points, and set the strategy and narrative to address them
- Help manage and optimize both new and existing products once they’re in-market, including sku rationalization analyses and product improvement migration
- Stay up on trends in the market, including competitor research and intel
Who you are:
- 3+ years of cross-functional experience in an analytical and strategic role within retail or consumer products; 1-2 of those years at a high-growth start-up or consumer brand preferred
- Someone who can *really* understand our customer - you’re deeply empathetic when it comes to understanding consumer psychology, needs, and behaviors, and enjoy doing user research
- Data-driven decision maker with strong analytical and quantitative thinking, comfortable working with large data sets and with Excel modeling and analysis
- Collaborative and communicative team player who enjoys driving and overseeing projects and processes cross-functionally with a wide range of personalities
- Self-directed problem-solver - you’re proactive in tackling new challenges and working through uncertainty
- Structured thinker who’s able to develop frameworks to support strategic decisions
- Experience launching new products (digital or physical)
- Personal passion and/or background in consumer health & wellness
- Experience working in or with high-growth start-ups
- Familiarity with SQL or comparable language
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love. Recognize and stand up against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.