Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
Our writing is one of the most meaningful ways with which we connect with our customers, and we’re looking for a creative thinker who can shape communications in a way that is memorable, authentic, and witty. As Copywriter, you will ensure that our brand voice is consistent across all departments and at every customer touchpoint. You’ll be nimble and organized, writing clear, sharp copy - pitching creative, out of the box ideas, and seeing them through from inspiration to execution. You will be involved in the creation of email, digital advertising, print advertising, packaging, our website and app, and other marketing assets. If you’re passionate about copywriting, and have a subtle but bright sense of humor, this role is for you!
This role will report into the Director of Brand Marketing.
- Implementing and streamlining copy and editing processes, including testing to zero in on themes that resonate with our customers
- Partnering closely with our visual design and marketing teams to develop compelling brand communication strategies, from ideation to completion
- Editing yourself and others to align with the Care/of tone, voice, and style guide
- Brainstorming and pitching ideas for all aspects of our marketing
- Write strategically, offering different themes and perspectives to suit different needs
- Learning from data and using it to strengthen and evolve copy
- Supporting copy needs from every department across the company
Who you are:
- A superb writer with 5+ years of copywriting experience and a diverse portfolio that demonstrates smarts, command of language, and taste (in print or online)
- Fluency in English and exceptional attention to detail when it comes to grammar and style
- An omnivorous reader and pop culture consumer
- A creative thinker with a sense of humor
- A hard worker with a “no task is too small” attitude
- A team player who works well with a wide range of personalities
- Excited to work with a fun-loving, spirited group of bright people
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Bonus points for experience with e-commerce
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love. Recognize and stand up against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.