Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do
As the Director, Quality Operations, you will be responsible for leading, implementing, and maintaining all quality systems to meet regulatory requirements and customer expectations. This role is action-oriented, and requires managing significant complexities, and the flexibility to adapt to the needs of a fast-growing company at each size and stage of the business.
The role is located at the Care/of Fulfillment Center (FC) in Brooklyn, NY and you will be required to work on site five days per week; you will be supporting a business that runs 24/7.
Core responsibilities for this job are as follows:
- Lead and manage the Quality Operations team, while ensuring adherence and compliance to GMPs at the Fulfillment Center in accordance with foods and dietary supplement regulations.
- Forge a strong, collaborative partnership with the Operations, People, and Operations Technology teams at the Fulfillment Center.
- Manage and monitor the Quality Management System for Care/of DTC, including but not limited to Change Management, Document Control (including quality records such as electronic batch records), Non-conformances, CAPA, RCAs, Training, Complaints, and Internal Audits.
- Create and/or manage end-to-end Quality Assurance systems through finished goods packaging, labeling, distribution, and consumer experience; and revising as needed to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Oversee and manage Sanitation/Cleaning schedule and Food Safety/Defense plans and training.
- Act as primary liaison to outside regulatory agencies, i.e. US FDA, State Department of Agriculture, and other agencies and auditors as required for the business.
- Write, review, and approve SOPs to meet regulatory requirements and maintain the current library to ensure FC compliance to established procedures and be responsible for regulatory filings regarding facility registrations and renewals, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Global Quality, Customer Experience and Planning to effectively identify and communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Foster a culture that sees quality as a #1 priority, and encourages cooperation, communication, collaboration, and trust; encouraging healthy conflict to get to the right outcome for the overall quality mission.
Who you are
- BS and/or MS in Nutrition, Chemistry, or other science-related degree
- 7+ years of quality experience in an FDA-regulated industry – foods and/or dietary supplement experience is highly preferred!
- People management experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; work independently and within cross-functional team
- Strong digital aptitude with web-based programs, video conferencing etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills.
- positive and solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Nimble and thoughtful approach to business needs
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strategic and futuristic thinking
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love. Recognize and stand up against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don’t shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don’t be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.