Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork! We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
The Care/of Analytics Team has been recently relaunched and is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join us. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of departments throughout the business and will eventually specialize as the team grows. The main responsibility of this role is to deliver analytic products that enable a clear, quick, and confident understanding of Care/of’s business, operations, and customers. You will do so by developing a thorough understanding of the technical and business teams and will become the bridge between them. You will help support our efforts in data-driven decision making and monitoring key business health metrics.
- Thoughtfully design and maintain concise, action-oriented dashboards to monitor health of the business and track performance against business initiatives
- Become an expert on data the environment and create documentation on data sources, fields, relationships, and business glossary
- Develop easy to use analytics tables for nontechnical business users for self serve analytics
- Advise senior leaders and partners in defining measurable success criteria for key department initiatives/OKRs and build the tools to track performance
- Reconcile data between diverse set of tools, assure accuracy and drive data flow improvements
- Provide analytical insights into current state of the business that can be leveraged for growth opportunities and operational efficiency gains
- Develop models on large datasets to extract trends, measure results and outcomes, and predict future performance
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to understand data needs and develop scalable solutions with rapid development and reusability in mind
Who you are:
You are someone who demonstrates both strong business acumen and technical competencies, and are a SQL expert with abilities to extract, clean, or transform data in complex databases. You are self-motivated, detail-orientated, learn autonomously, and are highly organized.
- Experienced in delivering projects on-time and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong analytical foundations (requirements gathering, exploratory data analysis, metrics and KPI definition, visualization, and presentation)
- A firm believer in data democratization across the business
- You thrive in uncertainty. You’re comfortable synthesizing incomplete information and have the ability to approach problems creatively and build structure out of ambiguous requests
- Great attitude towards working in a collaborative environment with a large number of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly entrepreneurial
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Previous startup experience
- Experience building ETLs or knowledge of DBT
- Previous eCommerce experience
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for our team to think differently and push the status quo is incredibly important to us; and we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, and how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.