Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
At Care/of, the Fulfillment Center is the heart of our business. As the Production Planner, you’ll be working hands-on at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, partnering closely with our Operations team to ensure that our fulfilment operations are running smoothly, and that our customers are receiving their orders on time. Your primary objective will be to manage the day-to-day work for each of our fulfilment shifts with inputs from Planning.
- Own and update our Production Planning model, daily
- Using order demand inputs from Planning, and staffing forecasts from Operations, determine weekly and monthly output targets at the shift level
- Calculate, forecast, and report on our internal metric of average order age, or days-to-pack (DTP)
- Plan the progression of allergen series across our GoPacker machines daily, ensuring that each series is run at least once every 48 hours, and our oldest orders within each series are prioritized
- Manage our physical backlog of orders, ensuring that orders are always being worked in FIFO (first in, first out) order
- Manage our missing/stuck order taskforce, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner, and that progress is made towards mitigating the root causes
Who you are:
You are highly analytical and not afraid to get your hands dirty; you understand that it is important to enact change at all levels of an organization. You are proactive, and prefer to tackle issues before they arise. You are highly collaborative, dependable, and prosper in environments where you work cross functionally.
- Must be an Excel and Google Sheets power-user, with experience writing advanced formulas, and building and maintaining complex models in both tools
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in either Planning, Finance, or Operations
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities in an ever changing environment
- Desire to spend at least 75% of time working hands-on in our Fulfillment Center at the Brooklyn Navy Yard
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.