Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do
At Care/of, we source premium ingredients and manufacture premium products from a vast network of contract manufacturers and suppliers. Our vast portfolio of ingestibles and packaging includes over 100 skus, all of which have long lead times and require management from PO creation to delivery of product. You will be responsible for maintaining strong vendor relationships, while managing purchase orders, and ensuring we have the right amount of inventory at the right time to cover demand and to support our growth.
- Own and assess supplier open order reports, developing an eye for foreseeing potential delays
- Own and update our Purchase Order Logs, inclusive of ingestible products and packaging, weekly
- Responsible for determining purchase order quantities and delivery timing for all products, and placing POs, weekly
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with our contract manufacturers
- Ensure that PO delays and delivery risks are communicated to the broader team, while foreseeing inventory risks and working with New Products and Digital Products to mitigate potential stock outs
Who you are
You are proactive, thoughtful, and communicative, with an understanding that customer satisfaction relies on keeping all of our products in stock. You are excited by managing a vast portfolio of products and never shy away from a challenge. You prefer working in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in buying, planning, or finance
- Must be an advanced Excel and Google Sheets user, comfortable with writing advanced formulas and managing complex workbooks
- Ability to think strategically, foresee risks, and be proactive
- Data driven decision maker
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extra Carrots: familiarity with dietary supplement industry
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.