Let’s get to know each other:
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a personable, human resources business partner to join our growing team. In this position, you will act as the primary partner to our fulfillment center team in attracting, developing, and retaining our team members. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
You will champion a diverse workforce throughout the employee life cycle, and serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
We are in need of someone who can work non-traditional, evening hours.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks,and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Consults with shift management on operational goals, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Partner with managers for time and attendance monitoring and submission to ensure payroll accuracy.
- Collaborates with the greater People team across team-wide goals and projects.
- Partners with the People Team to build policies and procedures and partners with shift management to ensure policies are adhered to.
- Analyzes people trends and metrics with the larger People team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Partners with the People Team to recruit and onboard new talent as we build our team.
- Embraces and promotes Care/of’s values in compliance solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and work through ambiguity in a fast-growth environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work non-traditional, evening hours
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Experience working with a large non-exempt employee population, ideally in a warehouse, retail, or other shift-based environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.