Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. Accounting Associate, you will manage general accounting processes and oversee our monthly close process. You will help design and implement processes related to gross margin, accounts receivable, and our yearly audits to help support rapid growth. This position will report directly to our Controller and partner closely with Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, and Marketing.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Develop and maintain KPI’s and key metrics related to gross margin. This individual will be \will own revenue recognition and inventory costing for the company.
- Establish an accounts receivable department for our wholesale business
- Support audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected in accordance with GAAP
- Assist the finance team and other department members in various financial analysis as well as special projects as needed
Who you are:
You are someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and has strong organizational and time management skills. While also having excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are able to use those skills to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, and other departments.
- BS/BA in Accounting, or a related field, CPA preferred but not required
- 3-4 years of accounting/finance experience, bonus points for experience at a high-paced consumer facing startup
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, is enthusiastic and eager to learn about scaling a fast-paced consumer brand
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.