Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
As the Manager of Strategic Finance, you will play a central role on a small but high impact team in a hyper-growth business. Your primary objective will be to help us optimize our capital allocation strategy by assessing the implications of key decisions, measuring ongoing business performance and evaluating the associated financial impact of our activities - all against a dynamic set of opportunities, challenges and priorities. You will also be compiling business updates for our board of directors, including quarterly financial presentations in board meetings, and providing analytical support on a variety of business initiatives across functions including marketing, new product development, and operations.
- Own our financial forecast model, which is used to evaluate decisions and potential outcomes throughout the business, and to define strategic goals with our management team and board of directors.
- Coordinate the compilation of, and assist in building, operational business plans and budgets; present analyses of forecasted projections in relation to actual results and previous forecasts.
- Evaluate customer cohort behavior, marketing efficiency, working capital management, and profitability metrics to make strategic recommendations to senior management and the board.
- Monitor and interpret key performance drivers and participate in discussions around incremental investment decisions.
- Continuously improve data sources, systems, processes and controls to adapt to evolving business and organizational needs.
- Lend your cross-functional knowledge and financial perspective to functional projects.
- Improve visibility and usability of our existing data, and use that data to create measurable goals.
- Prepare regular financial reviews.
- Ad hoc strategic analyses and projects.
Who you are:
You are someone who has a strong familiarity with corporate finance concepts, financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and KPI tracking. Along with quantitative and analytical skills, you have a proficiency in building and handling complicated data sets.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years in an analytical and data-driven role such as investment banking, private equity, consulting or finance & strategy in a corporate environment
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Results driven and detail-oriented nature
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization
- Proactive and self-motivated to solve problems
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and ambiguously
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Prior experience with early-stage consumer businesses or investing
- Experience with SQL
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.