Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you'll do:
At Care/of, we are committed to building a lasting brand that resonates with our users. We place high value on things like attention to detail, thoughtfulness and collaboration.
As the Brand Design Lead at Care/of, you will play a pivotal role in evolving and elevating the Care/of brand across our marketing and business channels. You will lead and execute on multi-channel design needs including (but not limited to): photography, packaging, print collateral, in-box materials, signage, video/animation, email, social media and digital ads.
- Drive the design vision and strategy for high-visibility projects
- Lead the evolution of the Care/of brand and help establish brand guidelines along the way
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, to better understand, plan and execute on design
- Tackle design tasks—both large and small—with passion and attention to detail
- Mentor designers on the team while promoting a culture of design excellence
- Present to cross-functional stakeholders, to clearly communicate your design thinking
- Manage partner relationships, including print houses, agencies and photographers
- Manage project timelines, provide updates and solicit feedback throughout the process
Who you are:
You have a great passion for building lasting brands that drive differentiation in the market and develop ongoing relationships with its users. Your impeccable taste and highly trained skills in typography, graphic design, and art direction drive you to continually challenge the status quo.
- You are a strong strategic thinker, with the natural ability to collaborate with others
- A master of craft, composition, imagery, typography and color
- An excellent communicator who can explain your design decisions and embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process
- A team player who is happy to roll up your sleeves and tackle tasks both small and large
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, handling a variety of assignments
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Keynote (bonus points for Figma experience)
- You have 6+ years of visual design experience or similar roles
- You have a stellar design portfolio to share that showcases your previous work
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. Please provide a link to your Portfolio showing applicable work.
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Experience managing 1-2 designers
- Background in health and wellness brands
- Experience with companies that distribute both physical and digital products
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.