Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork! We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
Our Engineering Team:
As a team, we live by and work by our core values: be honest, be humble, be thoughtful, and be different; we are building a platform and creating products that we truly believe in and reflect our strong core values. Our engineering team is small but mighty, the fifteen of us collaborate closely and work together to build our user-facing website and iOS app as well as our fulfillment tech. If any of this excites you, why not say hello?
What you’ll do:
- Build delightful experiences for our customers and impact revenue by writing high-quality and well tested software from inception to execution to deployment
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work and delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Work in various levels of the mobile UI development stack
- Work closely with product and design to ensure functional, interaction, and design requirements are met before launch
Who you are:
- Advanced understanding of the core building blocks of a mobile app and experience dealing with their pitfalls, such as, app lifecycle and state management, persistence, API integration, immutability, screen navigation, integration with native modules, etc.
- Familiarity with Bitrise, Codepush and other comparable mobile CI/CD tools/technologies
- At least 2 years of experience working on a consumer facing React Native iOS app
- At least 5 years of experience writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment
- A team player who is interested being a part of a highly functioning team whose success you value over individual achievements
- Appetite to learn new information and skills
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with UI testing frameworks such as Detox or Appium
- Experience working with Swift and using the latest SDK feature
- Understanding of React hooks
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, GitHub, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment
Even if you don't meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you're submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders 💊
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.